Starting the Database - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Vyom A
Subject Starting the Database
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all,

I have tried a lot to search info available on Google, but still I have trouble!, I have installed the 8.0.2 version on Win2000,
I have installed as a program (not as service)
I am not able to start the database, first I was getting the error "cannot run as admin ...", so I tried to use the "runas",
I copied the properties of the shortcut from the Start-programs->PostgreSQL->start database
then I used

runas  /user:vyom "D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin\pg_ctl.exe  start -D D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\data\"

message is printed like ..."starting as user vyom..."

But nothing happens, no messages, database not started!
Please help.

Do you Yahoo!?