Re: Patch for collation using ICU - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Patch for collation using ICU
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Not all SJIS/EUC_JP characters have the problem. You might want to
try: Shift_JIS 0x81e6, 0x879a, 0xfa5b.

BTW, I got this with ICU 3.2:

$ uconv -f EUC_JP -t Shift_JIS /tmp/a.txt -o /tmp/b.txt
Conversion from Unicode to codepage failed at input byte position 0. Unicode: 301c Error: Invalid character found

The contents of a.txt is 0xa1c1 which is a valid EUC_JP character.

This makes me nervous in using ICU...
--
Tatsuo Ishii