Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement

From: Robert Treat
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Robert Treat, )
     Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: Increased company involvement  (Thomas Hallgren, )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Hannu Krosing, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Increased company involvement  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
 Re: Increased company involvement  ("Andy Astor", )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Andrew Dunstan, )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Robert Treat, )
    Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
     Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Mitch Pirtle, )
      Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
      [OT] Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Tom Copeland, )
       Re: [OT] Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Russell Smith, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Marc G. Fournier", )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Kris Jurka, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Chris Travers, )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Kris Jurka, )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Robert Treat, )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Christopher Browne, )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Christopher Browne, )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (David Fetter, )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Robert Treat, )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Marc G. Fournier", )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Nicolai Petri (lists)", )
 Re: [OT] Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Mitch Pirtle, )

On Saturday 30 April 2005 02:02, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > We'd like to avoid such unpleasant surprises, but how to get the word
> > out?
>
> More prominent placement of how to contribute would probably help. The
> PGF could help with this as well once it is done. Right now it is ether
> on how to contribute unless you know where to look.
>
> Right now on the front page when we ask for support we are asking for
> people to donate money. We don't need money. We need people. The support
> link goes to bandwidth but a great deal of the project is hosted over
> many, many servers with many providers. That really isn't as much of an
> issue anymore. At least IMHO.

At the least we could add a link in there with some info on sponsoring
development.

> If it were I there would be a big link in bright text (not literally)
> that says, "How to contribute" on the front page of the website. This
> would go to a page that talks about the different ways to contribute
> with contacts for each topic.
>
> Who is head of Documentation?
>
> Who can I talk to about submitting patches?
>     To libpq
>     To ECPG
>     To JDBC
>        etc....
>
> What is the CVS policy?
>
> Anyway... just some thoughts.

Some of this sounds like things that should be put together in the devlopers
faq.

--
Robert Treat