Praise (was: [ADMIN] is postgresql 8 is realy mature)

From: Andrew Sullivan
Subject: Praise (was: [ADMIN] is postgresql 8 is realy mature)
Date: ,
List: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 11:22:20AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> So far I've been very pleased with the low defect rate against 8.0.
> Most of the bugs we have fixed were either in new features, or were
> pre-existing problems that also occur in 7.4 or even further back.

As usual, I've been remiss lately in keeping up with my mail, but I
thought this was a good note to lean on.  I fully expected a series
of rather nasty surprises with the 8.0 release, given the piles of
new code plus the Windows port.  I think it is a real testament to
the quality of Postgres hackers, and the code you produce, that there
have been so few problems with 8.0.  If every dot-zero release of
every product were this good, people wouldn't be so gun-shy about
upgrades.

You folks should be extremely proud of yourselves.  Good work.

Andrew Sullivan  |
A certain description of men are for getting out of debt, yet are
against all taxes for raising money to pay it off.    --Alexander Hamilton