Re: Kerberos patch in the queue

From: Magnus Hagander
Subject: Re: Kerberos patch in the queue
Date: ,
List: pgsql-hackers

Tree view

Kerberos patch in the queue  ("Magnus Hagander", )
 Re: Kerberos patch in the queue  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Kerberos patch in the queue  ("Magnus Hagander", )
  Re: Kerberos patch in the queue  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Kerberos patch in the queue  ("Magnus Hagander", )

>> Tom, assuming we fix this, are you fine with the concept?
>
>Mostly.  Should the --with-krb-srvnam configure parameter go away?
>Or is it now seen as establishing an installation default?  (Either
>way implies some documentation work.)

The original way kept it in there to establish an installation default.
I think that is a good idea (yes, it certainly has to be documented) to
keep it as such, and just allow it to be overridden (the same way you
can use --with-pgport to change the default port, but you can still
override it in postgresql.conf).

//Magnus