Kerberos patch in the queue

From: Magnus Hagander
Subject: Kerberos patch in the queue
Date: ,
List: pgsql-hackers

Tree view

Kerberos patch in the queue  ("Magnus Hagander", )
 Re: Kerberos patch in the queue  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Kerberos patch in the queue  ("Magnus Hagander", )
  Re: Kerberos patch in the queue  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Kerberos patch in the queue  ("Magnus Hagander", )

Hi!

I'd like to vote in favor of this patch:
http://candle.pha.pa.us/mhonarc/patches2/msg00025.html.

I know Tom said he didn't really like it, but I'd ask you to reconsider
that.

My use would be mainly for my integrate-with-active-directory project.
AD requires uppercase principal names, which maens POSTGRES instead of
postgres. If I could change this at runtime, that would certainly make
my life a *lot* easier.  I'm sure it helps in several other cases as
well.

(I haven't looked at the actual patch, just at the end result of it)

//Magnus