Re: psql performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: psql performance
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 11:05:37PM -0400, Joseph Shraibman wrote:
> It doesn't matter what the query is.  The problem happens before it even
> runs the query.

This is most certainly a problem with the shell or the terminal.  I have
seen this effect somewhere else, but I can't reproduce it with psql in
an xterm.

> Incidentally when I did that I only got back one row.  What's up with that?

Try with "union all" instead of plain union.

"Doing what he did amounts to sticking his fingers under the hood of the
implementation; if he gets his fingers burnt, it's his problem."  (Tom Lane)