Re: Three-byte Unicode characters

From: Marc G. Fournier
Subject: Re: Three-byte Unicode characters
Date: ,
List: pgsql-hackers

Tree view

Three-byte Unicode characters  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: Three-byte Unicode characters  (Peter Eisentraut, )
  Re: Three-byte Unicode characters  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Three-byte Unicode characters  ("Marc G. Fournier", )

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> So, we do have a bug, and we are probably going to need to fix it in
>> 8.0.X.
>
> This has never worked in all the years we have had Unicode
> functionality, so I don't understand why we have to rush to fix it now.
> Certainly, it ought to be fixed, but not in a minor release.

Agreed ... this is extending an existing feature to include a broader
charset, not fixing a but ...

----
Email:            Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664