Re: Question - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Question
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Mario,

>         Well, i strongly beleave this isn't the best way of doing it. It
> should Raise an Exception for all the input
> fields or failures at the same time, joinning all the errors after an
> insert or update instruction and display/notify
> them at once. This way it w'll save time and resouces communications
> special in a large network with a large
> number of users. Sorry if i got it wrong. I also appologise if this isn't
> the right plece to put this question but
> i don't know where else puting it.

Actually, it wouldn't save database resources at all.   What if you're doing
an improper database update to 100,000 rows?  Do you really want the system
to test all 100,000 rows before returning an error?

Anyway, Chris is right, this isn't the right list for this question.  Try
pgsql-general or pgsql-sql.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions