Re: Problems with PQfmod() returning -1 on varchar field - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Problems with PQfmod() returning -1 on varchar field
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Jerry Day wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recently encountered a situation where PQfmod() fails to return the
> defined length of a varchar field referenced in a query, as expected -
> returning no information (-1), instead. Has anyone else encountered this
> issue? If so, why does this occur? Can you recommended a method to more
> reliably obtain the length of varchar fields, as defined in the relations
> referenced by a query?

Can we see the query?  I suspect the column is being manipulated in some
way and the length isn't carried through to the query output --- if so,
there might not be much we can do about it.

Pennsylvania19073