Re: contrib dbf2sql.pl - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: contrib dbf2sql.pl
Date
List pgsql-patches
Manuel Baena Garc�a wrote:
> El mi?, 23-03-2005 a las 17:07 -0500, Bruce Momjian escribi?:
> > Are you saying your script has all the functionality of dbf2pg.c?  It
> > doesn't seem possible.
>
> No, I'm not saying it. By example, my script doesn't connect to a pg db,
> I prefer to use a pipe. My script has the same objective by a different
> way: "do it as simple as you can".

It might be simple to code, but having a second program is not simpler
for end-users.  We have had no one else complain about xbase conversion
so I am not inclined to add a second program, especially since you did
not say what your program fixes that the current one does not.

Can you show us exactly what input causes our current code to fail, and
explain why someone with C knowledge can't fix it?