Re: row numbering - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: row numbering
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 13:22:05 +0100,
  Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:

> Also notice that we do have views that display the missing
> shots per schedule per patient. I just have not found a way to
> join the two views (that is, given and missing) because that
> would AFAICT require the output "row numbering".

If you have a view of patients shots and a view of patients missing shots,
the way to connect them is with a union. You can then group or order
the union to display data about a patient in one place.

Another approach would to cross join the patients with the required shots
and then left join that result with the shots patients have had.