Best practices: Handling Daylight-saving time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Együd Csaba
Subject Best practices: Handling Daylight-saving time
Date
Re: Best practices: Handling Daylight-saving time  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Re: Best practices: Handling Daylight-saving time  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Re: Best practices: Handling Daylight-saving time  (Randall Nortman <postgreslists@wonderclown.com>)
Re: Best practices: Handling Daylight-saving time  (Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@acm.org>)
List pgsql-general
Hi All,
I'd like to ask your opininon about how to handle DST on an 7/24 system.
Where should it be handled: on the server side or on the client side? And
how could I (at all could I???) make it transparent?

Or we must bow to the fact that twice a year there are two unusable hours?
If it cannot be solved technically, than it is acceptable, but if there is a
chance to do it, I'd like to try it.

Our system stores 200-1000 measured data per minute, comming from
substations. The substations clock is synchronized periodically as well.
When the DST is switched there is 1 hour of data missing (or overlapped).
Certainly the client machines are autmatically adjusted for the DST.

How do this others?

Many many thanks,

-- Csaba