Re: No triggers visible for different user in information_schema.triggers - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: No triggers visible for different user in information_schema.triggers
Date
Re: No triggers visible for different user in information_schema.triggers  (Oliver Brück <oliver.brueck@waagner-biro.com>)
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 04:58:24PM +0100, Oliver Brück wrote:

> SELECT * FROM information_schema.triggers;
>
> returns an empty result. I thought this is caused by a lack of
> priviliges, but USER1 as well as USER2 are superusers.

The PostgreSQL documentation defines information_schema.triggers as:
 The view triggers contains all triggers defined in the current database that are owned by the current user. (The owner
ofthe table is the owner of the trigger.)

SQL:1999 defines the TRIGGERS view as:
 Identify the triggers in this catalog that are owned by a given user.

SQL:2003 (Working Draft) says:
 Identify the triggers on tables in this catalog that are accessible to a given user or role.

Apparently PostgreSQL implements the SQL:1999 specification of
information_schema.triggers.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/