Re: Autocommit - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Autocommit
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 04:58:31PM +0800, Hasnul Fadhly bin Hasan wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  I am using postgres 7.4.5 client.  There's one
> that is using 7.4.1 client.  I'm not sure if there would be any difference.
> When i use psql and check the status of autocommit, it is set to
> enable.  I'm not sure if libpq and psql uses the same defaults.

As far as I can tell, libpq doesn't have an autocommit setting --
it just sends statements on behalf of the application.  Clients
that allow the user to disable autocommit presumably do so by
implicitly sending BEGIN statements to start new transactions.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/