Re: pgsql doesn't include replication... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pgsql doesn't include replication...
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Andreas,

> We *do* have enough replication solutions, but they're not immetiately
> visible and the argument "there are many different replication
> requirements, a single product will never satisfy that" stays true but
> those guys who want to see "replication included" won't understand that.

Well, frankly "those guys" are unlikely to adopt PG anyway, since they'll just
move on to the next item in their "buzzword checklist", like "XML queries" or
some such flavor-of-the-month.   We've done a lot to clear up the issue of
replicaiton support:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/advantages
http://www.postgresql.org/download/
http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit80.html.en

Basically, if someone is still bouncing us because we "don't have replication
support" then it's because they were looking for an excuse.

> As another step to make pgsql replication more visible, the next pgAdmin
> version will include Slony-I support, making maintainance a click thing.
> A preview image is at http://www.pgadmin.org//snapshots/pgadmin3-slony.png

Which is really, really cool.

--
--Josh