Re: number os commands inside transaction block - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: number os commands inside transaction block
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 08:29:42PM -0200, Luiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes wrote:

> i´m trying to solve the follow message
> current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction
> block

A previous command in the transaction has failed; no more commands
will be executed until you issue a ROLLBACK (or a COMMIT, but the
transaction will be rolled back due to the error).  If you're doing
error checking on every command then you should be able to discover
which command failed.

PostgreSQL 8.0 has savepoints so you can roll back part of a
transaction and continue after an error, but that might not be
what you need.

> some one tell me this is defined inside postgres sources
> i recive this message when i execute an certain number of queries inside an
> begin/commit block

Transactions can have 2^32 - 1 (4294967295) commands, so I'd be
surprised if you were hitting that limit.  If you were, you should
see the following error:

cannot have more than 2^32-1 commands in a transaction

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/