Re: number os commands inside transaction block - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: number os commands inside transaction block
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 16:29, Luiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes wrote:
> Hi Michael Fuhr
> >> how i can increse the number of commands in an transaction block
> >
> > What do you mean?  What problem are you trying to solve?
>
> i´m trying to solve the follow message
> current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction
> block
>
> some one tell me this is defined inside postgres sources
> i recive this message when i execute an certain number of queries inside an
> begin/commit block

This is normal postgresql behaviour, and can't really be changed.
However, with the advent of savepoints in 8.0, it is now possible to
detect such errors and roll back so you can then continue.  Without
using savepoints with rollback to the given save point, however, there's
not much way to get around it.

It sounds to me like you're getting an error somewhere in your scripts
you need to look into.