How to lock or disable a trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From sid tow
Subject How to lock or disable a trigger
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

     I am new to SQL. Is there a way to lock or
disable  temporarily a trigger? Since under load
conditions while updating the database if the triggers
are down then it might help updating the db faster. I
am using postgre 7.2 and have to update only with
INSERT commands. since with copy command i cannot
update columns of my choice, meaning all the columns
of a table has to be loaded with a copy command.

     Can any one help me with this and clarify. These
triggers are RI_ConstraintTriggers.

Regards
sid