Re: Building Press Pages for Web site - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Building Press Pages for Web site
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave,

> 1) el and hu are badly formatted. There are html tags at and around the
> page title blocks that need to be removed.

OK, will check.

> 2) el, fr, ja, pl, se and tr are not in utf-8 (as far as my language
> ignorant brain can tell). The entire site is dispatched in utf-8, and
> changing that is non-trivial. Can these be recoded so that they display
> correctly?

This is why I brought up the encoding issue last week.    At the time, no one
had an opinion.   I can command-line convert them to UTF8, and we'll see how
they look.

> 3) I needed to add some languages to the website framework, for which I
> do not have to proper localised description (eg. en == English, de ==
> Deutsch). Can you ask the translators to let me know the correct
> description **encoded in ASCII using HTML entity codes where required**
> for the following please? br, el, fi, hu, it, pl, ro, ru, se, si.

Hmmm ... given that I don't understand what **encoded in ASCII using HTML
entity codes where required** means, it's a cinch some of the translators
won't either.   Enlighten me?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus