Re: Building Press Pages for Web site - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Building Press Pages for Web site
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave,

> I'll link them from somewhere but keep them hidden. That way they'll get
> sync'ed onto the mirrors.

Keen, good idea.

> OK, I'm thinking these should be done Tuesday for the Wednesday release
> yes? That gives everything a chance to hit the mirrors.

Yes, but not until late afternoon USA time.  There are enough people watching
our site that having the 8.0 graphic go up could get us slashdotted before
the release goes out.  This means that probably someone *not* in your time
zone should do it; the ideal time for stuff to go up is about 4am your time
Wednesday.

Or, like Justin suggests, a cron job.

BTW, this is something to think about for www.postgresql.org version 4.0.
Perhaps by then Bricolage will have translation facility, and we can switch
over.   Having the ability to schedule stuff to appear at a specific date and
time would save a lot of tsuris.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions