Re: Building Press Pages for Web site - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Building Press Pages for Web site
Date
Re: Building Press Pages for Web site  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-www

Excellent.

> If you can put them on the site, but not link them from
> anywhere now, it would
> be lovely.

I'll link them from somewhere but keep them hidden. That way they'll get
sync'ed onto the mirrors.

>  Also, please update the Contacts List
> in /about/press/contacts.html (file below)

OK.

> If possible, I'd prefer it if we didn't go live on the
> changes to the home
> page and linking the press releases until after 5pm PST,
> which should be easy
> for you ...just set it up in the morning your time, or the
> afternoon, Omar
> and Emily's time.   Here's the things I see needing to get
> done on the web
> site the "day of" the release:
>
> 1) Modify the home page to display the 8.0 released callout.
> 2) Link the press releases to /about/press
> 3) Link in the Press FAQ  (should be in CVS already)

OK, I'm thinking these should be done Tuesday for the Wednesday release
yes? That gives everything a chance to hit the mirrors.

> The Contacts list is available at:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/31/contact.html
>
> The amalgamated press lists are available at:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/30/all_press_pages.tgz
> .... please note that this latter page requires you to be
> logged in to
> pgFoundry, and is only available for members of the Press
> project (I've added
> dpage).
>
> Thanks for your help, and hopefully this will be
> *considerably* less panicked
> than last year!

With any luck :-)

/D