Re: Parsing of backslash in statements via ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Parsing of backslash in statements via ODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 04:59:57PM -0500, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:
> Given that this issue is a violation of SQL compatibility, shouldn't
> there really be an option to turn off interpretation of backslash
> characters in string literals as escapes?  Maybe as a session variable
> of some kind, with a default being set in postgresql.conf?

I'm not totally sure about how ODBC works, but if it's anything like
Perl DBI, surely it's the responsibility of the ODBC layer to escape
the baackslashes? Maybe it depends on whether they're using
placeholders or not...

Hope this helps,

Attachment