Re: Trigger Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Trigger Question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 05:35:18PM -0500, Terry Lee Tucker wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 January 2005 05:09 pm, Alex Turner saith:
> >
> > Maybe what you want is a stored procedure, not a trigger.
>
> Now why didn't I think of that? That's exactly what I need to do.

This is a good example of why it's better to describe the problem
you're trying to solve instead of asking about a partcular (and
possibly suboptimal or wrong) way to solve it, and why it's important
to provide enough information so that others can understand what
you're trying to do.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#goal
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise

--