Re: Function Parameters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Function Parameters
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 12:56:52PM -0800, David Fetter wrote:

> Other people have made suggestions about recompiling PostgreSQL,
> hacking the source code, etc., etc.  These are things you should only
> attempt when you are absolutely certain that there is no other way to
> do what you need to do than with a function of 60 parameters.

I mentioned changing the limit in the code and rebuilding but I
hope that wasn't taken as a recommendation to do so.  I'll echo
what David says about rethinking what you're doing (hence my earlier
question about why you need so many parameters).  Hacking the code
should only be a last resort.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/