Re: [BUGS] BUG #1347: Bulk Import stopps after a while ( - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Markus Schaber
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #1347: Bulk Import stopps after a while (
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi, Oliver,

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:58:16 +1300
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> wrote:

> Also, it's never going to be 100% without a separate thread, as the
> server can spontaneously generate output (e.g. because of NOTIFY)
> regardless of how careful we are with our queries.

Sadly, we cannot abandon compatibility with older JDK releases, this
would allow us to use the new asynchroneous I/O interfaces.

Async I/O is a great tool when in the right hands, you might google for
Felix von Leitner and his "fnord" and "gatling" servers that even beat
the kernel based khttpd.

Thanks,
Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich