Re: Postgres vs. MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steinar H. Gunderson
Subject Re: Postgres vs. MySQL
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 02:14:18PM +0100, Evilio del Rio wrote:
> It's incredible! the same servers, the same messages, the same dspam
> compilation (well each one with the corresponding
> --with-storage-driver=*sql_drv). Postgres is getting worst than
> 30s/message and MySQL process the same in less than a second.

AFAIK dspam is heavily optimized for MySQL and not optimized for PostgreSQL
at all; I believe there would be significant performance boosts available
by "fixing" dspam.

Example queries that are slow, as well as table schemas, would probably help
a lot in tracking down the problems.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/