Re: another plperl bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: another plperl bug
Date
Re: another plperl bug  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 03:34:17PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

> Thanks for the examples.  I extended this into a simple regression test
> which I've added to CVS.  If anyone would like to add some test cases
> for more interesting stuff (triggers and error handling come to mind),
> step right up ...

Here's another test case: a function that doesn't return what it's
supposed to return.

CREATE TYPE footype AS (x INTEGER, y INTEGER);

CREATE FUNCTION foo_good() RETURNS SETOF footype AS $$
return [   {x => 1, y => 2},   {x => 3, y => 4}
];
$$ LANGUAGE plperl;

SELECT * FROM foo_good();x | y
(2 rows)

CREATE FUNCTION foo_bad() RETURNS SETOF footype AS $$
return [   [1, 2],   [3, 4]
];
$$ LANGUAGE plperl;

SELECT * FROM foo_bad();