Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Alternate PostgreSQL.org Design - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Alternate PostgreSQL.org Design
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > OK, fair enough. ?Now can someone explain how we can put out a release
> > evrery 8-12 months with 200-300 changes, some very complex, and we can't
> > get a group together to update a web site?
>
> Because a lot less people are working on the web site, and none of them are
> paid to do so?

Well, even if you take out the paid folks, PostgreSQL would be doing a
lot more than the www site is.  Remember we had no paid guys for the
first few years.

I am suggesting that we are not properly harnessing the talent we have.
That is a big part of the success in the code portion of the project.