Re: 8.0 press release - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 8.0 press release
Date
Re: 8.0 press release
List pgsql-advocacy
Oleg,

> press release will be released on behalf of PGDG ? So, any contacts
> will be considered sort of official ? There so many unclear questions,
> so I tried to avoid them - publish well established regional addresses.
> btw, what do you mean "press contact" ? I don't remember you asked me
> for contact.

When we sent out the 7.4 release, you said that you didn't know any Russian
Tech reporters, didn't have anyone to send it to, and didn't translate the
release.

Nick, on the other hand, does know some reporters, wants to send it out, and
is already translating the release.

> I always have my contact (for decades) in my signature,
> for example. We have well known postgresql resources in Russia and
> I never heard Nickolay's company. Do we bless his company to be
> our (PGDG) contact ?  I'm against casual companies to be my representative
> in my country !

Oleg, "companies" are not PostgreSQL community contacts.   Individual people
are.

The purpose of the Regional Contact is:
1) to collect a list of press contacts in that language and send the release
to them;
2) to answer questions from press in that language;
3) to answer questions from the public, via webmaster@postgresql.org and
otherwise, in their language.

Nobody is getting paid to do this.

--