FTP server cleanup suggestions - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject FTP server cleanup suggestions
Date
List pgsql-www
Here are a couple of ideas to make the hierarchy on the FTP server a bit more
understandable and cruft-free:

The doc/ directory only contains outdated material.  If we want to keep it, it
should be moved in the directories of the respective source code
distribution.  For example, move doc/7.3 to source/v7.3/doc.

The files in NT_Support_Files/ are no longer relevant for the Cygwin port and
should be removed.

The old/ directory just contains garbage and should be removed.

README.v7.4.3 should be removed, since 7.4.5 is the latest version.  Same with
the 7.4.3 symlink.

What does the sup/ directory contain?

The win32/ directory should be moved to the binary/ directory.

The substructure of the binary/ directory seems to change with every minor
release.  We should think of a reasonable structure and stick with that.

--
Peter Eisentraut