beta3 winxp initdb problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From BARTKO, Zoltán
Subject beta3 winxp initdb problems
Date
Another list for windows port...  (Eric <ericg@conceptid.ca>)
List pgsql-general
Hello, folks,

I am trying to install pgsql8 on winxp. I tried first to install "as
is" with pginstaller beta2-dev3, no luck, it froze, switched off
Nod32, froze a little later, ran through the list of services,
switched off anything that seemed to be a firewall, no luck.

So I compiled beta3 with mingw, installed, and now initdb keeps
telling me this:

<listing>
Microsoft Windows XP [Verzia 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>d:
<snip/>
D:\tmp\data>initdb
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgresql".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale Slovak_Slovakia.1250.

fixing permissions on existing directory d:/tmp/data ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/global ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/pg_xlog ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/pg_xlog/archive_status ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/pg_clog ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/pg_subtrans ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/base ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/base/1 ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/pg_tblspc ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 10
selecting default shared_buffers ... 50
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in d:/tmp/data/base/1 ... FATAL:  could
not select a
 suitable default timezone
DETAIL:  It appears that your GMT time zone uses leap seconds.
PostgreSQL does n
ot support leap seconds.
child process was terminated by signal 1
initdb: failed
initdb: removing contents of data directory "d:/tmp/data"

D:\tmp\data>

</listing>

now, beta2 reported no problems with initdb, it just never finished
the installation and even if I tell my computer I am located in
London, UK, use Greenwich Mean Time, I still get this fatal error.

I have no idea what to do...

please, give me some advice.

Thanks in advance

Zoltan

Spolocnost SUN Microsystems uviedla na trh novy server Sun Fire V20z
zalozeny procesoroch AMD Opteron.
Viac informacii najdete na : http://www.somi.sk/sun/v20z.php