How many rows can postgresql can sustain - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Kumar S
Subject How many rows can postgresql can sustain
Date
Re: How many rows can postgresql can sustain  (Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>)
List pgsql-novice
Dear group,
 I am wondering how many rows of data can postgresql
efficiently deal with in comparision to Oracle that
can deal with millions and millions of rows (I was
told this fact by my senior).

One of my table has 8876216 rows that look like:
affy_id | exp_id | exp_chip_id | affy_x | affy_y |
affy_mean | affy_stdv | affy_npixels
---------+--------+-------------+--------+--------+-----------+-----------+--------------
 8676216 |        |          58 |    249 |    159 |
 527.5 |      92.3 |           36

   max
---------
 8876216
(1 row)

Is there any upper limit where depending on number of
rows one can say that table (database) is crossing
limits or really bulky.

-Kumar.