Re: Configuration problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Alexandre Ricciardi
Subject Re: Configuration problem
Date
How many rows can postgresql can sustain  (Kumar S <ps_postgres@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-novice
Alexandre Ricciardi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem to connect to my database localy from jdbc,
> in postgresql.conf i allow tcp/ip connection,
> in pg_hba.conf i have the following lines :
> local  all                                                trust
> host   all    all        127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255     trust
>
> i don't get where i am wrong in my configuration
>
> Thanks for help
>
> regards
>
> Alexandre

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

in postgresql.conf i have "tcpip_socket = true",
but i must start pgsql with "/usr/bin/postmaster -p 5432 -i -D
/var/lib/pgsql/data",
the init.d script does not allow tcp/ip connections perhaps my script is
not good ???