Is Win32 port good for operational use? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Antonios Christofides
Subject Is Win32 port good for operational use?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I know we will be using at our own risk, I have read the
"experimental" warnings, but still PostgreSQL is a very attractive
RDBMS for the Windows application we are developing. Most customers
will want a simple single-machine version, where the program will be
storing its data in a local database without the user knowing much
about it. Some customers will want a central database and will
probably be given the option to choose between PostgreSQL and Oracle.
The problem is to choose the RDBMS for the single-machine, single-user
version.

What if we have crashes or other critical bugs?  Should we expect
reasonable support from the developers in such cases?  Is the number
of Win32 developers decent? I mean, the Win32 project is not, I hope,
supported by one or two key people and would go down if they decided
to become sailors instead? :-)

Needless to say, the developers will have all kind of help from us in
tracking down important bugs, even access to our machines if
necessary.