Re: [#14748606] comp.databases.postgresql hierarchy - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [#14748606] comp.databases.postgresql hierarchy
Date
List pgsql-www
Tom,

> A different semi-legitimate reason for a cutoff is that, so far as I
> know, the comp.databases.postgresql newsgroups never went through the
> formal vote process to be recognized as legitimate mainstream
> newsgroups.  Back when I was a netnews administrator for CMU, it was
> common practice to refuse to carry groups that hadn't passed such a
> vote, and I imagine it still is.  I haven't heard that Google is getting
> strict about this (and they sure didn't mention it in their comments)
> but if they are then we don't have much of a leg to stand on.

If that's the case, then, they should inform us and we can start a campaign.
But right now we're getting the brushoff and we need to get their attention.

BTW, how would we go about organizing a legitimacy vote?   Who votes on this?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions