Re: Pg8.0 beta2 psql error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Pg8.0 beta2 psql error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 08:43:44AM -0700, Patrick Hatcher wrote:
> Just installed and started Pg8.0 beta 2
> When I tried to connect via psql, I received an error message:
> [patrick@localhost postgresql-8.0.0beta2]$ psql -Upostgres template1
> psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQsetErrorVerbosity
>
> Can someone give me a clue what to do next?

Perhaps the run-time linker is loading an old libpq.  Do you still
have an old version of PostgreSQL installed?  What's the output of
the following command?

ldd `which psql`

What platform are you using, and how did you install PostgreSQL
8.0.0beta2?  In what directory were the shared libraries installed?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/