Re: Press Release, Final Draft? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Press Release, Final Draft?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert,

> Unless I am confused, the two features that we have are really Vacuum
> and Vacuum Full. "Lazy Vacuum" is just a nickname that people use to
> help differentiate it from full vacuums, but it is not a real feature
> name, which is one of the reasons you wont find it mentioned in the docs
> anywhere.

Um, you prepare the Weekly News every week; how could you have missed this?
Jan added adjustible delay settings for VACUUM which breaks it up into
interruptable chunks, and interferes much less with concurrent I/O activity.
This is a new feature -- I think you're just confused because Jan submitted
it less than 2 months after 7.4 was released.

However, Jan did have a second name for this if both you and Robert don't like
Lazy Vacuum, which is Vacuum Delay.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions