Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Abhijit Menon-Sen
Subject Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 2004-09-20 11:02:50 -0400, tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:

> (1) What about preparing an unnamed statement ...

stmtName == "" will work.

> (2) What about discovering the actually resolved parameter types?

I'm not sure what to do about that.

I could extend PGresult to hold ParameterDescription information, then
provide accessor functions à la PQnfields/PQfformat. But that would be
a fairly intrusive change. And I shudder to even think about trying to
reuse the existing PGresult fields/accessors to do the job.

Do you have any suggestions?

-- ams