Re: pgindent vs try/catch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgindent vs try/catch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> I had that argument a while ago with Bruce and lost :-) . It does horrible
> things to if/else constructs too. The workaround is to put a comment in the
> block. On the whole I agree with you, though. If I put braces in my program
> it's for a reason, and the indenter shouldn't think it knows better than me.

I have removed the code from pgindent.  Now how do we clean up the
try/catch code that got messed up?

The original purpose of that code was to clean up the code we inherited
from Berkeley that had lots of excessive brace blocks and the pgindent
code just remained.

Pennsylvania19073