row wise comparison broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject row wise comparison broken
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Following result seems strange since it is not what the standard
expects:

test=# select (1,1) > (0,10);?column?
----------f
(1 row)

On the other hand I see following in the doc:

9.17.5. Row-wise Comparison

(expression [, expression ...]) operator (expression [, expression ...])

Each side is a list of scalar expressions; the two lists must be of
the same length. Each side is evaluated and they are compared
row-wise. Presently, only = and <> operators are allowed in row-wise
comparisons.

I guess this means that PostgreSQL does not fully support SQL's
row-wise comparison. We need to add this to the TODO list?
--
Tatsuo Ishii