Re: All three packages ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: All three packages ...
Date
Re: All three packages ...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
>> I just got 7.2.5 done now ... I pulled the man.tar.gz file from 7.2.4 and
>> put a copy of it into ~ftp/pub/dev/doc/man-7.2.tar.gz (in case its needed
>> in the future) ...
>
> The 7.2.5 tarball is considerably bigger than 7.2.4; this seems to be
> because the built .html files are laying about in doc/src/sgml, instead
> of having been deleted again ...

'k, I'm blind ... build scripts for both 7.2 and 7.3 are identical, except
for which man.tar.gz it pulls in, and what directories in ftp they get
written to ...

The section for docs is:

cd doc/src
gmake postgres.tar.gz
mv postgres.tar.gz ..
cp /var/spool/ftp/pub/dev/doc/man-7.3.tar.gz ../man.tar.gz
cd ../..
gmake split-dist=yes dist
gmake maintainer-clean

And, looking at the various Makefile(s), I'm not finding anything of
significant enough difference insofar as would affect removing the .html
files ...

Anyone see somethign I'm not seeing? :(

----