Re: Calling a function that returns a composite type using - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Betsy Barker
Subject Re: Calling a function that returns a composite type using
Date
List pgsql-novice
PLEASE HELP.
I've read and read and read and have tried all of the example calls. I need to call a pl/pgsql function that returns a
customtype. Just one 'row'. That is all. How do I call it?

The function is defined as CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION get_facility_percentiles(INTEGER) RETURNS public."percentiles" AS
'

I've tried about 20 different calls. None work.
                --SELECT getpercentiles FROM get_facility_percentiles(_wagerateid) AS (getpercentiles RECORD);
                --SELECT * FROM get_facility_percentiles(_wagerateid) AS (getpercentiles RECORD);
                --SELECT * FROM get_facility_percentiles(_wagerateid) AS (fifthpct FLOAT ,twentyfifth FLOAT, fiftieth
FL
OAT, seventyfifth FLOAT, ninetyfifth FLOAT);
                --SELECT f1,f2,f3,f4,f5 FROM get_facility_percentiles(_wagerateid) AS (f1 FLOAT,f2 FLOAT,f3 FLOAT,f4
FLO
AT,f5 FLOAT);
                --SELECT
getpercentiles.fifthpct,getpercentiles.twentyfifth,getpercentiles.fiftieth,getpercentiles.seven
tyfifth,getpercentiles.ninetyfifth FROM get_facility_percentiles(_wagerateid);
                --SELECT * FROM get_facility_percentiles(_wagerateid) AS (getpercentiles RECORD);
                --SELECT * FROM get_facility_percentiles(_wagerateid) AS (getpercentiles public."percentiles");
                ---SELECT * FROM get_facility_percentiles(_wagerateid) AS (f1 FLOAT ,f2 FLOAT, f3 FLOAT, f4 FLOAT, f5
FL
OAT);
                --SELECT getpercentiles FROM get_facility_percentiles(_wagerateid) AS (getpercentiles
public."percentile
s");
                --calls function, but errors out at return with cannot display a value of type RECORD
                --SELECT INTO getpercentiles get_facility_percentiles(_wagerateid);
                --SELECT * FROM get_facility_percentiles(_wagerateid) AS pcts(f1 public."percentiles".fifthpct,f2
public."percentiles".twentyfifth,f3 public."percentiles".fiftieth, f4 public."percentiles".seventyfifth, f5
public."percentiles".ninetyfifth);

Thank you.

Betsy Barker

--