Re: storage engine , mysql syntax CREATE TABLE t (i INT) ENGINE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: storage engine , mysql syntax CREATE TABLE t (i INT) ENGINE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Pierre Emmanuel Gros wrote:
> In mysql, we can wrote a create table like CREATE TABLE t (i
> INT) ENGINE = INNODB||BDB|; where the storage engine is the
> innodb one.  This allow to have differents kind of storage
> format, and allow to easly implements memory table or remote
> table.  I try to make the same thing for postgresql but i do
> not understand where the logical storage engine is in the source
> code.  May i have somme help to find it .

We only have one table type, full transactions, full storage support.
We don't plan to support any sub-optimial storage systems.

-- Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610)
Pennsylvania19073