Re: Patch for pg_dump: Multiple -t options and new -T option - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Patch for pg_dump: Multiple -t options and new -T option
Date
List pgsql-patches
David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > (BTW, does the patch handle multiple -n switches?)
>
> No, it doesn't.  I can look into that if you like.  The patch was
> entirely to satisfy a need some of our customers have.  The -T switch
> does fill a real need for our customers; our product has a couple of tables
> that aren't critical if they aren't backed up, but as the product evolves,
> we occasionally add more tables.  So it's easier to use a -T switch to
> say what *not* to back up, than multiple -t switches to say what to back up.

Ah, I see in TODO:

    * Allow pg_dump to use multiple -t and -n switches

so the problem with lack of multiple -n parameters was already known.

Should we allow -n to affect subsequent -t parameters, so:

    -n schema1 -t tab1 -n schema2 -t tab2

does schema1.tab1 and schema2.tab2?