Re: Patch for pg_dump: Multiple -t options and new -T - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From David F. Skoll
Subject Re: Patch for pg_dump: Multiple -t options and new -T
Date
Re: Patch for pg_dump: Multiple -t options and new -T option  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> (BTW, does the patch handle multiple -n switches?)

No, it doesn't.  I can look into that if you like.  The patch was
entirely to satisfy a need some of our customers have.  The -T switch
does fill a real need for our customers; our product has a couple of tables
that aren't critical if they aren't backed up, but as the product evolves,
we occasionally add more tables.  So it's easier to use a -T switch to
say what *not* to back up, than multiple -t switches to say what to back up.

Regards,

David.