Re: How to display privileges in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: How to display privileges in psql
Date
Re: How to display privileges in psql  (Dennis Bjorklund <db@zigo.dhs.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 10:41:49AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Maybe other people want to comment on this issue.
> >
> > So far, \z and \dp have shown privileges of tables.
> >
> > Now \dn+ and \db+ show the privileges of schemas and tablespaces.
> >
> > Should we, for consistency, move the table privilege display to \dt+, or
> > should we move the schema and tablespace display to, say \zn and \zb?  Or
> > maybe this is not an issue at all.
>
> Now that you mention it, it does seem nice to show permissions in \dt+.

IMHO the \dn+ output would get too wide if you do that.  I'd be in favor
of using \z<letter> to display permissions of the object in \d<letter>

Something that annoys me is that the \? shows

\dt        description of what it does ...    add + for more details

where it should be

\dt[+]        same description

No need to say what the + does, it should be obvious.

"Para tener más hay que desear menos"