Assisting developers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Assisting developers
Date
Re: Assisting developers  (Marko Karppinen <marko@karppinen.fi>)
Re: Assisting developers  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
One failing that has appeared during the 7.5 development cycle is that
we as a community haven't been able to provide timely feedback to
developers working on large feature additions.

I am particularly thinking of Alvaro (nested transactions) and Simon
(PITR), where we haven't been able to give them sufficient feedback to
make them fully productive.

I am not sure what can be done to solve this in the future.  There are
only a limited number of us who have the experience and time to review
and comment on very complex patches.

Hopefully this is just growing pains and the community will grow to the
point where we can have more people focused on assisting developers
adding complex features.

Pennsylvania19073