Re: make install (in contrib) and PGDATA - Mailing list pgsql-general

From CSN
Subject Re: make install (in contrib) and PGDATA
Date
List pgsql-general
Ah, that should work.

The README for contrib/cube states:

To install the type, run
        make
        make install

For this to work, make sure that:
. the cube source directory is in the postgres contrib
directory
. the user running "make install" has postgres
administrative authority
. this user's environment defines the PGLIB and PGDATA
variables and has
  postgres binaries in the PATH.

So I did:
$ export PGLIB=/usr/lib/pgsql
$ export PGDATA=/var/lib/pgsql/data
$ make
$ make install
mkdir /usr/share/pgsql/contrib
make: *** [installdirs] Error 1

$ pg_config --configure
'--prefix=/usr' '--datadir=/usr/share/pgsql'
'--libdir=/usr/lib/pgsql'
'--includedir=/usr/include/pgsql'

Is PGLIB and/or PGDATA ignored? What should I do so
'make install' works?

Thanks,
CSN