Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> It seems anonymous savepoints really don't buy us anything.  They
> don't match the Oracle behavior, and don't do anything more than
> nested transactions. I agree we want them, but I don't see the value
> they add value right now.

The value they add is that they follow the SQL standard, which is a lot
better sell than "proprietary transaction management scheme".  Those
people who think they can redefine the SQL standard for purely
aesthetic reasons have paid the price over and over again.